Hillary Clinton changes her campaign strategy to ally herself more closely with the legacy of President Obama. Salon’s Sean Illing discusses why that’s a smart move.
John Boyega wins the BAFTA 2016 Rising Star award and remains utterly charming.
Ridley Scott’s The Martian (released last month on Blu-Ray and DVD) has partnered with the Albert Bartlett potato company for a cross-promotional marketing scheme that is nothing short of brilliant.
The Deadpool Effect
- “Deadpool Box Office: It’s a Record-Crushing $300 Million Worldwide Weekend Debut” (Forbes)
- “Deadpool Breaks Opening Weekend Records, Reminds Us That Studio Execs Don’t Know What We Want” (The Mary Sue)
- “5 Ways Deadpool Flipped the Superhero Movie Script” (Comic Book Resources)
- “The Deadpool Effect—Greenlights for Lobo, Harley Quinn and Venon? (Bleeding Cool)
- “X-Force Could Be Rated-R, Says Simon Kinberg (Collider)
- James Gunn talks Deadpool: what he hopes Hollywood will learn from the success of the latest X-Men franchise film, and what he suspects it will learn (Facebook)
- “Deadpool’s Box Office Unexpectedly Broke Records. Here’s What Hollywood Should Learn From It” (Vox)